Friday, June 1, 2018

What Working in the Culinary Arts Team Means to Me


Culinary Arts Team working hard at Vincent House
Working in Culinary Arts gives me the capability of learning how the food preparation process happens; from different types of dicing to food presentation. I worked in food service as a general manager for many years prior to my stroke, and being in the Culinary Arts team gives me the opportunity to continue doing what I love to do.
-Sonya Herring

I love working hard in the kitchen and making friends with the members that attend Vincent House. Washing the dishes is my favorite thing to do.
-Malcolm Campbell
            
            Culinary gives me stamina that I can’t find in other teams. I am always doing something so that makes me energized. There is always something to do which I like a lot.
-Tom Lancaster

Culinary is a really good experience for me because when I move out, I’ll be ready to cook food that I won’t have to eat too much fast food as often. Also, Culinary has great people with great potential that I can really learn so much from them.
-Eric Vitan
            
            I enjoy working in the Culinary Arts unit because you learn skills in the kitchen and garden. The members and staff here at Vincent House are very nice as well.
-Steven Raymond
            
            I like being in Culinary Arts because I enjoy doing janitorial duties, such as sweeping and mopping. The people I’ve met at my time at Vincent House have been outstanding. I enjoy talking to other members out on the gazebo and getting to know everyone. The food that we make is always fantastic and healthy, lunch is probably my favorite part of the day.
-Charlie Strubbe

Mike cutting pineapple
I like working in Culinary Arts because of the fantastic people in the team, and I believe I’m scratching the surface of loving the work that’s done in the kitchen. Working is becoming fun, and I enjoy the food prep, cleaning and sweeping, and the cooking aspects. All is going pretty well in the team!

-Mike Taddeo

No comments:

Post a Comment